000: Introduction to the Niche Marketing Podcast with John Bertino
Introducing the Niche Marketing Podcast! NMP is a new show by The Agency Guide (TAG) that aims to offer a unique angle on marketing by interviewing marketers with exceptional insights into specific industries. The host, John Bertino, founded TAG and is joined by Laura Petersen, the Director of Content, for this introductory episode.
The podcast is dedicated to providing in-depth discussions on specific strategies for niche marketing, rather than just surface-level tactics. It is aimed at entrepreneurs, brand-side marketers, and agency personnel looking to improve their marketing strategies in specific niches.
Listeners can expect insightful interviews with industry leaders covering a range of topics including SEO, PPC, social media marketing, content marketing, email marketing, mobile marketing, analytics, CRO, influencer marketing, branding, digital advertising, CRM, UX, e-commerce, video marketing, AI, chatbots, voice search optimization, and more.
The Niche Marketing Podcast offers detailed conversations that provide listeners with specific tactics and understanding that they may not get elsewhere. Whether you’re an experienced marketer or just starting out, the podcast is a valuable source of insights and inspiration. Tune in and start learning today!
Watch the Podcast Interview:
A Few Highlights Include:
- The Agency Guide is a unique marketing consultancy that matches brands with marketing agencies that are a good fit for them, with the help of experienced consultants.
- TAG represents roughly 200 marketing agencies, allowing them to create the best possible matches between brands and the agencies they represent.
- TAG provides unbiased guidance to brands, without any specific motive attached to it, as they are not paid directly by the brands they represent.
- The founder of TAG, who has over a decade of experience working for marketing agencies, saw a need for an entity that could provide authentic and unbiased guidance to brands.
- One of the problems the founder of TAG saw in the industry was biased recommendations based on what an agency specializes in, rather than what is best for the brand, which led him to launch TAG.
- John Bertino has been teaching marketing for over a decade through SCORE and at universities such as the University of San Diego and Drexel University.
- John Bertino began his career in the music industry at EMI, working on projects such as the launch of the Gorillas and 30 Seconds to Mars’ second album.
- TAG, John Bertino’s current company, has worked with both large and small brands, including Jenny Craig, HostGator, and Qualcomm, but the maximum value of their process is to smaller, more confused brands with revenue ranging from about one million to 25-50 million.
Best Marketing Advice Right Now:
- Topic modeling is an underutilized tactic in marketing that can be a game changer for SEO and content marketing efforts.
- By breaking down a topic into subcategories and prioritizing the degree of depth for each area, marketers can create valuable content that is useful to users and search engines alike.
- Chat GPT, a language model developed by OpenAI, is a tool that leverages topic modeling technology to quickly generate content on any given subject.
- Marketers can use Chat GPT to fill in gaps in their SEO strategy and expedite their content creation process.
- Understanding and utilizing topic modeling can be the secret sauce to success in niche marketing podcasts and other marketing efforts.
About John Bertino and TAG:
A decade spent working for marketing agencies was more than enough to know that there are too many bad agencies and not enough objective marketers within them. John launched TAG in 2014 with the mission to provide brands unbiased guidance from seasoned marketing professionals at little or no cost.
TAG advises brands on marketing channel selection, resource allocation, and agency selection to ensure brands invest in the right marketing strategies, with the right expectations, and (ultimately) with the right partners.
TAG represents 200+ well-vetted agencies and consultants across the United States and Europe.
John’s professional background and areas of expertise include: Marketing Planning, Earned Media, SEO, Content Marketing, Link Acquisition, Digital PR, Thought Leadership, and B2B Lead Generation.
About Laura Petersen:
Laura leads the content team at TAG. You can learn more about Laura here.
Connect Socially with Us:
The Agency Guide
Niche Marketing Podcast
Connect Socially with Our Guest Host: