Finding the balance between automation and human touch in your outreach campaigns can be hard. With a mix of the right tools, though, you could improve your results.
But with so many options out there, finding the right solution for your organization becomes excruciatingly time-consuming.
The good news?
We’ve done the legwork for you and put together a list of some of the most popular outreach tools in the market. Better yet, we categorized the list based on the different activities involved in the outreach process.
You can head straight to the section which interests you most by clicking below:
- What is a blogger outreach tool?
- Research and intelligence
- Outreach automation
- Outreach campaign management
- Tracking and reporting
But before we get into the actual list of tools, let’s answer a crucial question…
What is a blogger outreach tool?
Blogger outreach is the process of finding relevant influencers in your industry and building valuable relationships with them with a clear objective in mind (i.e., landing guest post opportunities, building partnerships, building backlinks, etc.).
A few years ago, companies had to approach this process manually, which was counterproductive and expensive.
Blogger outreach tools came to make the process easier (and simpler).
For instance, instead of manually collating a list of target emails, now you can tap into automation to build that list automatically.
Or instead of contacting prospects one by one, some platforms help you scale your blogger outreach campaign while adding a personal touch to each email.
The right platform mixed with the right blogger outreach strategy can drive great results to your business.
That said, let’s break down the main categories involved in the blogger outreach process, as well as relevant platforms for each category.
Research and intelligence
Everything starts with analysis and research. That is, building a list of the right bloggers.
This is crucial. If you’re going to spend your time and resources on blogger outreach, you better make sure you’re contacting the right people.
Some helpful tools in this category include:
BuzzSumo is a content discovery tool that helps you find relevant content, social media influencers, and trends based on specific keywords or domain names.
Simply enter a keyword into the search bar, select “Influencers,” and BuzzSumo will show you a list of key influencers in your industry..
BuzzSumo lets you filter influencers by platform, location, influencer activity, and even keywords. This is especially helpful to find influential bloggers that are highly relevant to your niche.
Some of the top features BuzzSumo offers:
- Find influencers: Discover true influential bloggers and influencers in your industry based on solid metrics.
- Monitoring: Track brand mentions and identify opportunities quickly.
- Content research: Discover trending topics in your industry and figure out who’s producing the best content.
BuzzSumo offers four paid plans: Pro, Plus, Large, and Enterprise. Paid plans start at $99 per month.
Finding your prospects’ email address is one of the most important yet tedious tasks of the blogger outreach process. No matter how targeted your list is, if you can’t find the right email addresses, you won’t get much response.
Here’s where VoilaNorbert comes in handy.
VoilaNorbert helps you find anyone’s email address. You can find email addresses one-by-one or in bulk. By entering the name and website of your prospects, VoilaNorbert will automatically find (and verify) your prospects’ email addresses.
VoilaNorbert’s features include:
- Find leads: Find the email addresses of decision-makers at scale.
- Verify emails: Validate email addresses in real-time.
- Enrich contacts: Get valuable insights about your prospects to ensure a more personalized messaging.
VoilaNorbert offers four paid plans: Valet, Butler, Advisor, and Counselor. Paid plans start at $49 per month, for up to 1,000 leads.
3. LinkedIn’s Sales Navigator
Sales Navigator is a social selling platform that helps you find and target the right people, understand your targets at a deeper level, and engage them with personalized outreach.
Even though Sales Navigator was designed with salespeople in mind, it can be pretty helpful to find niche bloggers and influencers. Thanks to Sales Navigator’s powerful filters, you can find bloggers in minutes (even within the smallest niches).
Sales Navigator’s top features include:
- Better targeting: Get access to advanced filters to find the right people at the right time.
- Outreach personalization: Get valuable information about your prospects to personalize your outreach campaigns.
- Notes and tags: Organize your contacts based on specific tags and notes.
Sales Navigator offers three paid plans: Professional, Team, and Enterprise. Pricing starts at $64.99 per month (per user), billed annually.
Upfluence is an influencer outreach platform that helps you find key influencers in your industry, track the progress of your campaigns, monitor brand mentions, and develop more solid influencer partnerships.
Currently, Upfluence has over 4 million active influencers in their database and provides you with advanced filters to find the right ones for your organization.
Some of the top features Upfluence offers include:
- Influencer search: Identify top brand ambassadors and influencers.
- Influencer tracking: Measure the ROI of your outreach campaigns.
- Influencer profiles: Get access to over 4 million influencer profiles to build your list.
Upfluence offers three paid plans: Growth, Scale, and Enterprise. Pricing isn’t publicly available.
Outreach can be a tedious process.
First, you have to build a list of prospects. Then you need to contact those prospects in a way that feels personalized and relevant at the same time. Without automations that process becomes a true nightmare.
That’s one of the reasons roughly 75% of brands already use some kind of marketing automation.
If you don’t want to get left behind, here are some great tools to streamline your outreach process:
Pitchbox is a blogger outreach software suitable for SEO agencies, brands, and publishers. It helps you customize your email outreach process to your target audience without any manual labor.
Besides, Pitchbox helps you find relevant influencers in your niche based on advanced search criteria and smart prospecting profiles.
Pitchbox’s top features include:
- Prospecting: Get access to SERP-based prospecting features to discover relevant blogs.
- Workflow: Build and automate your outreach workflow with ease.
- Outreach and follow-up: Set up automatic outreach emails to increase your response rate.
Pitchbox doesn’t publicly state their pricing. To find out more about their plans, you’ve to book a personalized demo.
Reply.io is a sales automation software that helps you manage and automate multichannel outreach campaigns. It provides you with a Chrome extension to find verified leads on LinkedIn and engage your prospects across multiple channels, including SMS, email, and WhatsApp.
Besides, Reply.io helps you write more engaging outreach emails with the help of AI-backed quality scoring and gives you pre-built templates based on an intelligent algorithm.
Reply.io’s top features include:
- Improve: Analyze task execution and get valuable feedback to improve your processes.
- Engage: Connect and reach out to prospects on LinkedIn automatically.
- Execute: Automate repetitive tasks and increase your productivity.
Reply.io offers three different pricing structures: Individual, Business, and Agency. Plans start at $70 per month, per user.
Outreach.io is an enterprise-level sales engagement software that helps you get the most out of your outreach efforts. It provides you with insights and recommended actions to get the specific actions you want faster.
Even though Outreach.io is focused primarily on sales, you can use it to automate and manage large blogger outreach campaigns, as it provides you with advanced machine-learning tools to optimize your emails and measure your performance.
Outreach.io’s main features include:
- Workflow governance: Manage your team and ensure organization-wide alignment.
- User profiles: Build enhanced prospect profiles to send more personalized emails.
- Integrations: Seamlessly integrate hundreds of the tools and apps your team already uses.
Outreach.io doesn’t publicly state their pricing. To find out more about their plans, you need to book a demo.
SalesHandy is actually a small suite of five outreach tools: Email Tracking, Email Campaign, Auto Follow-up, Email Templates, and Email Scheduling.
Also, SalesHandy natively integrates with Gmail and Outlook so you can work straight from your favorite email provider.
Some of the top features SalesHandy offers include:
- Email templates: Use shortcuts to access premade email templates for Gmail.
- Auto follow-up: Set up automatic follow-up sequences.
- Email tracking: Track the performance of your campaigns with ease.
SalesHandy offers a free plan and three paid ones: Regular, Plus, and Enterprise. Paid plans start at $9 per month (per user), billed annually.
Outreach campaign management
You should treat blogger outreach like any other project. Otherwise, the process can grow pretty chaotic, especially when dealing with large campaigns.
Some helpful tools in this category include:
monday.com is a flexible Work OS (Work Operating System) that helps you build custom digital workspaces for different use cases, including CRM, marketing, project management, software development and, of course, blogger outreach.
monday.com helps you manage your team, assign tasks to specific team members, measure progress, and manage your entire campaign under one roof.
Some of the top features monday.com offers include:
- Automations: Get access to 250,000+ automation recipes.
- Customizations: Customize the entire platform to fit your exact needs.
- Project management: Manage your projects from start to finish under one roof.
monday.com offers four paid plans: Basic, Standard, Pro, and Enterprise. Paid plans start at $24 per month for 3 users.
BuzzStream is an outreach campaign management platform suitable for link building, content marketing, and PR. It helps you build qualified lists of prospects, send emails at scale, and measure your progress all in the same place.
BuzzStream also provides you with personalization features to tailor your emails for each individual prospect without sacrificing productivity.
BuzzStream’s top features include:
- Research: Browse prospect lists and find relevant information automatically.
- Email: Send personalized emails at scale.
- Manage: Manage each interaction and keep your team informed along the way.
BuzzStream offers four paid plans: Starter, Group, Professional, and Custom. Paid plans start at $24 per month, per user.
Hive is a project management platform you can use to streamline your blogger outreach processes and oversee your team’s productivity. It helps you manage contacts, automate workflows, and communicate with your team more efficiently.
Hive also integrates with 1,000+ of the most popular tools and platforms so you can centralize your work into a single place.
Some of the top Hive’s features include:
- Assignee and comments: Assign specific tasks to team members and add relevant notes to each task.
- Analytics: Monitor individual or team performance with the help of visual dashboards.
- Forms and templates: Get access to pre-built templates to speed up your work.
Hive offers two paid plans: Base and Enterprise. Paid plans start at $12 per month (per user), billed annually.
Tracking and reporting
Finally, you need a system in place to monitor and measure your results. Without the right reporting features, you can’t possibly know whether your campaigns are working.
Here are some tools to track your progress effectively:
Yesware is an all-in-one outreach tracking system that helps you monitor email opens, replies, clicks, and many other actions. It’s especially helpful to understand the overall performance of your campaigns and optimize your efforts.
Yesware also provides you with proven templates to get better results right off the bat and integrates with some of the tools your team may already use.
Some of the top features Yesware offers include:
- Email tracking:Track important campaign actions in real-time.
- Attachment tracking: Receive a notification whenever a prospect opens your attachments.
- Gmail Chrome extension: Track and organize your outreach campaigns straight from your Gmail account.
Yesware offers three paid plans: Pro, Premium, and Enterprise. Paid plans start at $15 per month (per user), billed annually.
13. HubSpot’s email tracking
HubSpot’s email tracking platform lets you know every time a prospect opens your email or clicks on a specific link. It also provides you with desktop notification so you never miss an opportunity.
Besides, HubSpot’s email tracking lets you see a prospect’s entire history at a glance so you can better personalize your approach.
HubSpot’s email tracking features include:
- Reporting: Get advanced reports on the performance of your campaigns.
- Email tracking: Track email opens, replies, clicks, and attachments.
- Lead scoring: Score your prospects based on individual actions.
HubSpot’s email tracking is completely free.
As the name suggests, Mailtrack is an email tracking solution suitable for Gmail users. It helps you monitor email activity in a simple, visual way.
Mailtrack helps you know how many times a person has opened your emails so you can identify your most engaged prospects.
Mailtrack’s top features include:
- Email activity: Get desktop notifications every time a prospect takes a relevant action.
- Security: Keep your data secure with a platform that complies with top security standards.
Mailtrack offers a free option and two paid plans: Pro and Advanced. Paid plans start at $4.99 per month.
Blogger outreach works.
In fact, it’s still one of the most effective ways to build backlinks for SEO, land guest post opportunities, and build valuable relationships with influential bloggers in your industry.
Fortunately, with the right process and tools in place, the process becomes feasible for any type of organization.
Hopefully you now have enough information to select the right blogger outreach platform for your organization.
And if you need more personalized advice, feel free to schedule a free consultation with one of the experts at The Agency Guy. We’d be happy to advise you.